31090051

Taking out a mortgage to take over mums mortgage is same house

Taking out a mortgage to take over mums mortgage is same house as we both stay in now what do I need a lawyer for
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. The reason you need a lawyer is that your mother granted a Standard Decurity over her house in favour of her lender. She did that when she took out her mortgage. That security has to be discharged and the Discharge registered in the Land Register. At the same time a new Standard Security by you has to be registerd in the Land Register in favour of your lender. A solicitor is the person who does this. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.