31090051

I have been receiving letters from TNC parking services regarding a fine I got from

Hello, I have been receiving letters from TNC parking services regarding a fine I got from P4 parking for parking in private parking. I have had a few letters now and have just received another which reads "Notice of intention to advise client to issue summons". I live in Edinburgh and received the fine in Edinburgh. I have been ignoring these so far. Am I doing the correct thing? Should I just keep binning the letters in the hope they stop?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Yes, bin them. They have to be able to prove that you knew of the time restraints. They can't prove that so they would not succeed in a civil action.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should have explained better, There were no time restraints. It was a residential parking area. Does this change things at all?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
It would only change things if you knew or at least ought to have known of the parking restrictions and they can prove that you knew or ought to have known
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There were signs up but it was dark when I parked and didn't notice them. In your opinion, What are the chances they would actually take me to court?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
There is virtually no chance they will go to court. I'm not aware of any case in Scotland at all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, so I should just continue to ignore them and the letters will hopefully stop?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Yes.