31090051

I was in a business partnership with my husband - now getting

Customer Question

Hi I was in a business partnership with my husband - now getting divorced. I have the business valuations as they stand today but these where to be my pension (no other pension provisions in place) - how does this work out in court?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
The value of the business is an asset which would be matrimonial property and would fall to be divided between the two of you. Unless the business was in place before the marriage in which case the division would be in accordance with the partnership agreement. Happy to discuss further.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if I can help you further with this. Can you also remember to leave a positive feedback on the system so that the site credits me for my time. Thanks for using JustAnswer.