How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 11551
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I committed a shop lifting offence. I was guilty and received

Customer Question

Hi I committed a shop lifting offence. I was guilty and received a police warning g which has been registered on a database for 2 yrs. I am now worried as I work in financial services my empower will find out and I get sacked and am unable to apply for new jobs with another company due to this being disclosed on my checks. Is there any way I can contest this or do I have to wait 2 yrs for this to be deleted?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean by a warning?Were you arrested and taken to the police station?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I received a letter in the mail confirming the warning from the police.
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.
What does it say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was enough evidence to send this to the procurator fiscal. However they reviewed this and issued me with a police warning that will be recorded for 2 yrs.
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, you are in Scotland. I wil move this to Scots law for you.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. Financial services employers would be able to get a basic Disclosure Scotland certificate only. That would not show a warning. I don't think that this should be a worry for you although I'm happy to discuss further if you think otherwise.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if I can help you further with this. Can you also remember to leave a positive feedback on the system so that the site credits me for my time. Thanks for using JustAnswer.