31090051

I had an accident at work and the company carried out an investigation,

Customer Question

I had an accident at work and the company carried out an investigation, their investigation used principles which do not apply to the equipment I had my accident on and I proved this and I strongly believe the whole investigation was fabricated and to a degree a tissue of lies to prevent me claiming compensation, can I take them to court under a civil claim under Scots Law. John
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. If the investigation was a cover up, then that will be apparent from the report. You will be successful in a civil claim if you show that the accident was caused because of your employer's fault and negligence. Usually your lawyer would have an expert witness to give evidence. That expert in all likelihood would deal with the report and state that it was incorrect for the reasons given. So I wouldn't necessarily worry about an internal investigation and report at this stage. What you should be doing is having your side of the case assessed so as to consider prospects of success. Happy to discuss further.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if I can help you further with this. Can you also remember to leave a positive feedback on the system so that the site credits me for my time. Thanks for using JustAnswer.