31090051

A bit of an obvious one but I just want to know where I stand:

A bit of an obvious one but I just want to know where I stand: my boss is making me break the law.
I'm a nightclub manager and my boss is telling me to operate at 125 customers over our fire capacity. I am naturally uncomfortable with this.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
You are vulnerable as if there was an incident you would be blamed for it. I think you have to tell your boss that you aren't prepare to do this as it's your licence and reputation on the line. If he doesn't agree then you may have to resign and claim constructive dismissal. Happy to discuss further but as you say it is obvious that you can't break the law on the instruction of your employer. I appreciate you coming to JustAnswer in what is a difficult situation for you.