31090051

On the 28 th of September I went shopping at Tesco , the lift

Customer Question

On the 28 th of September I went shopping at Tesco , the lift looked full , I was going to wait for next one ,, ladies in the lift said I would manage in as I had only shopping bags , as I stepped in the lift door hit me with such a force , that I ended up in hospital with a broken scapula , and bruising to my ribs off the bar ,, I was driven home by one of the assistants as I had my dogs in car ,, my husband came home and took me staraight to hospital , the lady who took me home said the door had hit her at an awful force ,, Tesco are saying it was my own fault , and that lifts are checked regular ,,, I went in to a store to get some shopping ended up with my arm in a sIng for weeks ,
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Tesco said I ran into lift ,,I don't think so I am 66 years old ,, I don't run anywhere , also said lift door was closing ,, untrue ,, I entered on the right side , where the lift would close ,, the door pushed with such force , I ended up at the other side ,, that could of been a young child ,,
Expert:  JGM replied 9 months ago.
You should get a good personal injury solicitor. The solicitor you instruct would have to instruct an expert in lifts to do a full report but it appears to me that from the facts you narrate that no lift should be capable of causing such an injury to a person. The lift should be regularly inspected and maintained and maybe it was, but you should have investigations carried out. Teach are not automatically responsible. It has to be established that they did or omitted to do something which amounted to negligence as a result of which you have suffered loss. The mere fact that they didn't know of any earlier complaints is not necessarily material in every case. They also just can't say it was your fault unless they have some evidence to put such a line of defence forward. Happy to discuss. In the meantime, please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your reply ,,
Expert:  JGM replied 9 months ago.
You're welcome. Don't forget to leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
Expert:  JGM replied 8 months ago.
Let me know if I can help you further with this. Can you also remember to leave a positive feedback on the system so that the site credits me for my time. Thanks for using JustAnswer.