31090051

Myself and my mum jointly own a house but my mum moved out

Myself and my mum jointly own a house but my mum moved out and bought another house , my mum and dad left all bills etc in there names and I paid them , then recently my mum and dad started taking there names off things and putting them in my name. I live in this house with my fiancé of 10 years I have just renewed the housing insurance and put this in my name and my partners , but my mum and dad are demanding that I give them a copy of the housing insurance , so my question is do I legally have to give them this ?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
If your mother is still on the title then the insurance for buildings cover should be in the joint names of you and your mother as owners and she would be entitled to a copy of the policy. Happy to discuss further. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that my mother doesn't want anything in her name though