31090051

I am separated with my husband we both have solicitors

Customer Question

hello,
I am separated with my husband we both have solicitors however I would like to ask question regarding traveling with mu=y son abroad. My husband wishes to be notify when I am traveling outside UK and obtain my husband consent. does it means that I need his written permission each time I am going for 2 weeks holidays with son?
Second, He has student loan , myself as well. However his student loan taken from years when we were not married and not lived together. Do I have to share the debts of his student loan from the time we were not married or it is just from the time we were married till the separation started?
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
1. The Children (Scotland) Act 1995 says that a child cannot be taken outwith the UK without the permission of the other parent so you should get written permission and take it with you. See online section 2 of the 1995 Act. 2. Debts incurred before the marriage are not marital debts so his student loan would be excluded from the calculation of assets and liabilities.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if I can help you further with this. Can you also remember to leave a positive feedback on the system so that the site credits me for my time. Thanks for using JustAnswer.