31090051

I have found tenants property that I rent out.The

I have found tenants for a property that I rent out.
The agreed start date of the tenancy is 1st April but as they live 250 miles away they want to sign the documents tomorrow and move in on 20 April when they return from their holidays.
Is the signing of the documents tomorrow okay?
Thanking you.
Eveline
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in Scotland
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
The signing date and the move in date are fine as long as the lease is signed and the date of entry is clearly stated in the lease as 1st April. The date of signing can be any date prior to the entry date. Remember that the AT5 should be signed and handed over before the lease is signed. Happy to discuss further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the advice as it was the first time I'd encountered this. My rating of the service is excellent.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your kind response. If you could leave positive feedback on th system via the star rating that would be good as that is how the expert can be credited for his time. If we can help in the future don't hesitate to ask for JGM as your Scots law expert.