31090051

I am Scottish , could I be entitled to legal aid , to contest

Customer Question

I am Scottish , could I be entitled to legal aid , to contest a will I am on a very low wage , and have been written out of my fathers will due to lies
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my mother died in April 2007 ,and my sister took over in looking after our father,all our days we have put up with trouble and lies with her and her husband, she managed to push me and my two brothers out of the family home by telling my father lies , now she has managed to get us written out of our fathers will and mothers home, as she has got my dad to will the house to her and her husband , we get nothing
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
You can get legal aid to contest a will. Can you tell me what issues you would like me to address.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she controlled my father in all ways , moneys etc , she stopped us going to the family home by changind the locks on the doors and caused nothing but trouble for us ,she did not tells that our father had died , I read about his death in the local paper last july ,until now we have been told nothing , until we got letters tell us we are not benifactors in the will . and he has will my mothers home to her and her husband that has caused all the problems in our family
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
If your father was influenced into making his wil then you would have the right to contest the will. You also have the right to claim legal rights on part of the estate even if there is a will I suggest you see a solicitor as quickly as you can so as to see what can be done for you.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if I can help you further with this. Can you also remember to leave a positive feedback on the system so that the site credits me for my time. Thanks for using JustAnswer.