31090051

I have been accused from my ex girlfriend

Customer Question

Dear Sir or Madam,
I have been accused from my ex girlfriend of "revenge-porn". She believe that I shared her pictures that she sent me when we were together(I never asked for it, neither I sent picture of myself), however I did not do that and I believe she is just frustrated because I broke up with her and she is trying to mess my life. Also she never told me to delete the pictures (I did it anyway time ago) until yesterday. I would like to know if there is actually a law for "revenge-porn" in Scotland and if I would be able to take her to court for defamation.
Thanks for your help.
Kind regards,
**** *******
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Revenge porn can be dealt with under the current law in Scotland in various ways. It can be a contravention of the protection from harassment legislation, a contravention of domestic abuse legislation or a breach of the communications legislation in respect of communicating an obscene image to a public forum. The Scottish Government are also passing a specific Act of the Scottish Parlaiment to deal with revenge porn. However all of that assumes that a person has actually uploaded an image to a website. If she is falsely accusing you then you would have a case for defamation, especially if she has made the allegations to other parties. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.