31090051

I was meant to get my daughter tomorrow but because my soon

Customer Question

i was meant to get my daughter tomorrow but because my soon be ex never got confirmation from her lawyer that my stepdad will be there from now on she is refusing to hand her over now
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  clairep80 replied 8 months ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.Could you explain a little more about what has happened?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hi I was meant to get my daughter tomorrow at 2:30 but because of my ex and myself falling out again she will only hand over my daughter to my stepdad but that was on the condition that she got confirmation from the lawyers I told my lawyer this on thurs afternoon who told me she can not do this as it would be dening me my parental rights which she has tried before but would still email her lawyer to confirm pick up arrangements my ex is now sayong she never got this so is not giving me my daughter so I said if does this then we would have to go court and she said then she will not let me see my daughter until then and would call police if I turn up at house and not sure if this counts but the house is still in my name
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hi I was meant to get mydaughter tomorrow at 2:30 but because of my ex and myself falling out again she will only hand over my daughter to my stepdad but that was on the condition that she got confirmation from the lawyers I told my lawyer this on thurs afternoon who told me she can not do this as it would be dening me my parental rights which she has tried before but would still email her lawyer to confirm pick up arrangements my ex is now sayong she never got this so is not giving me my daughter so I said if does this then we would have to go court and she said then she will not let me see my daughter until then and would call police if I turn up at house and not sure if this counts but the house is still in my name
How old is your daughter and what ocntact have you been having until now?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
she is 16 months old now normally I get every Wednesday for a few hours after work then every second sat over night we have been doin ths for months even if we are talking or not and bothour lawyers now about this agreement
OkHave there been any other times when the ocntact has been disrupted?Have you attended family mediation?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no normally if there is no contact I still get her on arranged time but now she is saying no handover because she never heard from her lawyer and I have a copy of email my lawyer was sending to hers as for the mediation we have no interest in this
Why does she suddenly want your step father to collect the child?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
when we are not speaking we both prefer it so where is no problems or arguments I was willing to get daughter myself but Elaine said no and wants stepdad there she can be a bit awkward sometimes my lawyers have had many a issue over her refusing contact before
is your step father free to give it a try tomorrow?Which part of the Uk are you in?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes I txt her to say we would still be there at agreed time she txt back saying she got legal advice there and told me to not go near house for the record house is in my name still we live in glasgow
I am sorry - Scottish family law is different from English Family law.I shall opt out and transfer this to the correct section.It make take a little while so please be patient - my colleague is well worth waiting forClare
Expert:  JGM replied 8 months ago.
I've been asked to help you with this. I am a solicitor based in Glasgow. I take it you have full parental rights and responsibilities, ie, you are on the birth certificate?