31090051

I work in an Occupational health department and following an

I work in an Occupational health department and following an accident to an employee who was then referred for a medical assessment advised his line manager that he was fit for light duties only.
Following on from that an investigation into his accident was conducted and I was asked about a medical condition which have been diagnosed previously. I responded to the HR department who were copied in the query that he had completed a medical questionnaire and been seen by a nurse but that we did not receive a certificate with the outcome so could not advise whether he had the medical condition they were asking about or not. Could you advise if this is a breach of Caldicot rules.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for requesting me but this isn't really my area.I will pass this onto an employment lawyer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thanks
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Had the patient signed a mandate authorising the release of information to the employer? if so there is no breach.
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.