taratill
taratill, Advocate
Experience:  15 Years Experience of Employment Law
32019188

Can you explain to me why an employee working 32hrs/week over

Customer Question

Can you explain to me why an employee working 32hrs/week over a four day period is entitled to 23days holiday/year while an employee working 20hrs/week over a five day period is entitled to 28days holiday/year. Both are full time employees.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. You are entitled to 20 days leave under the Working time Regulations plus the statutory bank holidays. This is pro-rated down if you work less than a 5 day week. This is the reason why you are entitled to less leave (days) over all than your full time equivalent colleague. The fact that you have less leave days does not mean you have less leave than the full time equivalent colleague when you calculate it over the hours you work. If you have any specific queries about this please do ask.