31090051

I am writting to the executors of my late fathers will can you please let me know if the w

Customer Question

I am writting to the executors of my late fathers will can you please let me know if the wording of this letter is appropriate and correct as i reside in Australia and i do not have legal representation in Scotland and believe i do not require it to put this claim in:-
I am writing to inform yourselves, being the executors of my father’s, XXXX, last will and testament, dated 3 February 2011 that I would like to claim my legal rights being the eldest daughter of my late father, under Scottish law, the same as my father’s youngest daughter, being my sister XXXX, of a set portion of the net movable assests of his estate.
I understand that this legal entitlement claim, under Scottish law, of the net movable assets of his estate, is currently approximating, in March 2016, to XXXX British Sterling Pounds.
I understand and confirm in making this legal claim that I forfeit my entitlements under the conditions of his will of 25 parts of the residual of his estate, currently approximating
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
There's nothing wrong with your letter. You don't however need to say anything other than you are claiming legal rights and understand that you forfeit any legacy under the will. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.