31090051

Allo, I am the ED of a provincial sports organisation in Qu�bec

Customer Question

Allo, I am the ED of a provincial sports organisation in Qu�bec (Canada). I have been told that a parent of young athletes competing in our events who now lives in Canada has been put on the Scotland sex offender registry. I would like to know if this is true and if I can get an official document proving this. How can i get this information? Is this registry accessible and if so how?
Jean Francois
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Keep on searching please.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
In Scotland we have a system whereby the parents of a child can ask Police Scotland about sex offenders in the area. The material I have read isn't clear about whether this would extend to enquiries from abroad but there is no harm in you writing to make the enquiry. I will try to post an address for you shortly.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Police Scotland
PO Box 21629
STIRLING FK7 1EN
Scotland
UK