31090051

I have just received a NIP through the post

Customer Question

Hi I have just received a NIP through the post for speeding in Scotland on March 6th 2016 in my works rental transit van. The letter states that they have sent me a letter previous and had no reply and they have sent this second letter to me.
First this is the first letter I have received and that's why Iam doing something about it
The second is I was doing 70mph on a 60mph country road
What should I do next? I have a clean driving licence and wanted to keep it like that for my job. Can you give me some advice please many thanks Earl
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
The fact that this is a second letter doesn't give you any particular advantage in dealing with the situation. You now have to deal with the letter you have received. Most country roads are national speed limit which is 70mph. If the one you were driving on was a 60mph and you were driving at 70mph then you have committed an offence for which the penalty is a fine, £100, and 3 penalty points. That is a mandatory penalty so you aren't going to be able to keep your licence clean unless you have any particular defence to advance. From your narrative there is no defence. Happy to discuss further. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.