31090051

Our property is a gable end terraced house,to the side of our

Customer Question

Our property is a gable end terraced house,to the side of our property running the entire length of the house and gardens is a council car park.We are inundated with commercial vans under 3.5 tonnes reverse parking in towards our proerty causing excessive exhaust fumes casing me problems as I have a chronic lung disease.These vehicles regularly hit our fencing or gable end causing damage.The Council installed a hatched area along the side to discourage drivers from parking too close no one pays any attention and the say that the cannot restrict these vehicles from parking there.We must have some rights how do we get some peace of mind?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.
Are these vehicles parking on the pavement?Is there a business which they are visiting?Do you know who has hit the fence and caused the damage and has it been paid for?Has this recently started or did exist when you purchased the property?It would be useful to have a bit more information about how and why this is happening. Thank you
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.
I’m sorry, I have just noticed that you are in Scotland. Scottish is different in many ways and therefore I will opt out of this. My apologies.The expert that takes this over will still find the information I have asked for useful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
vehicles often park overhanging the pavement,there are no businesses in his area it's a residential area,have not identified those causing damage.We came here 16 years ago and it was mostly private cars, over the last 2 years we have seen a huge increase of the number of drivers bring works vans home and parking overnight and at weekends.It is these vehicles causing the problems.We dont have the freedom to use our gardens as we wish for vehicle diesel fumes when arriving or leaving.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
I'm a solicitor in Scotland and will try to help you with this. Is the car park a free car park? Have you reported this to the council's environmental services department.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would appreciate a telephone call on either 07867 512771 or 01355 522615