31090051

I wasn't sure where I should put this question, this was the

Customer Question

I wasn't sure where I should put this question, this was the conversation so far -My mother died in 1987 and I have just...
My mother died in 1987 and I have just come back from abroad, I don't think my brother has dealt with her estate properly - am I able to check12/04/2016 10:0912/04/2016 10:14
CustomerCustomer
You will be able to order a copy of the Certificate of Confirmation from the relevant Sheriff Court. That will contain the estate inventory. That is probably all you can do, however, as there may be no further records available. As well as that, more than 20 years have passed so if he has done something wrong, any claim will be time barred. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.12/04/2016 11:18She lived n Kilbirnie, Norh Ayrshire. I presume that Kimarnock Sheriff would be the one to go to and am I able to request it online12/04/2016 11:22She lived in Kilbirne, North Ayrshre,so I am presming Kilmarnock Sheriff Court would have it - and can it be ordered online12/04/2016 11:27If she did have a will - wil it be on this certificate f confirmation12/04/2016 11:28
CustomerCustomer
Kilmarnock would be the right court. It can't be ordered online. You would have to call the court and order the document. See here for details: http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/t…12/04/2016 11:29
CustomerCustomer
A copy of the will would be with the court as well as the copy Confirmation.12/04/2016 11:32I will go over there, I feel I should check. Thanks13/04/2016 12:09
CustomerCustomer
You're welcome.
I hae made a mistake she died on 31st March 1996
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
I have replied to your original post so you can close this one down. No point in having two conversations about the same thing.