31090051

What are my rights if I divorce my husband after 3 years been

What are my rights if I divorce my husband after 3 years been together 19 years I am 60 have no income of my own my husband has his own business.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Anything in joint names is deemed to be owned equally unless it is proved to the contrary. Anything owned by one or other of you which was acquired during the marriage or before the marriage in contemplation of getting married is deemed to be owned equally except gifts or inheritances from third parties which are owned by the recipient. If you have no income of your own, you would be entitled to maintenance for a period not exceeding three years from the date of divorce. Those are the broad principals. If I can help with any specific issue let me know. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.