How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 11557
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Someone is telling my girlfriends family,falsely, that I touched

Resolved Question:

Someone is telling my girlfriends family,falsely, that I touched her sexually without permission over a year ago. How do I stop this and should I consult with a solicitor now. She has not gone to the police but has said she may do so. What do I do now? Ant advice would be appreciated. Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
You should see a solicitor about this immediately and instruct him or her to issue a cease and desist letter to this person on the ground that the comments are damaging to you and would be actionable in court.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you