31090051

Good morning, My name is***** live in the UK

Good morning,
My name is***** live in the UK with my husband. I have a spouse visa. I want to apply for my 15 year-old son from a previous marriage to join me here and live with me. I could not do so when I applied for myself because we could not meet the financial requirements. I am the sole responsible for him and I have the custody from the court in Morocco since he was born. The problem is that when I started applying, I was faced by two options, settlement or visit( different routes), I opted for settlement because I want him with me and he is still in need to his mother. They sent me a notice that if the application is successful, they will grant him one month visa to enter the UK, then they will send him a BRP Biometric Residence Permit afterwards. Am I on the right path? I really feel uncomfortable and that is why I am seeking your kind help.
Many thanks in advance.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I have looked at this for you and I do think you are on the right path here. As you are on a spouse visa at the moment, the best your son can get is a temporary visa until you convert your status to ILR/settled. At that point he can apply to have his temporaryvisa made permanent. So it appears that what the immigration authorities have suggested is the correct course of action. That all assumes that you are his sole carer and that he passes all the other various requirements which from your narrative he does. Happy to discuss. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your time and kind help. So settlement is the right choice for the reason of the visit. I thought they grant the residence permit only for applicants from the European Union. That is why I got confused. Thanks again. Have a wonderful day!