31090051

There I am seeking legal advice regarding my consumer

Hi there
I am seeking legal advice regarding my consumer rights. I purchased a car from a trader which broke down within a week. I consulted with citizens advice who informed me that I could get a refund or allow the garage to carry out a repair. Now the traders is in Nottingham (England) and I stay in Dunfermline (Scotland). So myself and the garage agreed that if I took it to a local garage then the trader would pay for any costs incurred. This would be the most convenient solution for us both. So after a month the car was now repaired. It is now 6 months since the repair and the same fault has re-occurred. I consulted citizens advice and they informed me that I now have a final right to reject this car and claim a refund.
I have informed the trader of my intentions and requested a refund. However they are rejecting my request since it has now been over 6 months since original purchase.
So now I have come to you in hopes of some kind of assistance.
Do I have a case, or has too much time passed?
Kind regards *****
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Too much time has not passed as you will be able to prove that the fault existed at the time of purchase bearing in mind the original breakdown was just after purchaser. You are entitled to a refund even if the fault is outwith six months. The refund may be subject to a reduction for usage but CAB is tight on this occasion and you should take this further. Here is a link that will help you. https://www.businesscompanion.info/en/quick-guides/goods/the-sale-and-supply-of-goods#Theshorttermrighttoreject I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.