31090051

My elderly Mother living in a remote highland area had a difficult

My elderly Mother living in a remote highland area had a difficult neighbour who she believes has encroached on her land. How can we deal with this?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
You are on the right lines in respect that the title deeds are a record of what your mother owns. What you need is your mother's deeds to be compared with the situation "on the ground" by a surveyor who should be told about the alleged encroachment. The surveyor will take detailed measurements, produce a comparison plan and a report for your mother. If he reports encroachment then your mother's solicitor can then into,ate a claim to that effect. That is the usual way of dealing with a case like this. Happy to discuss further. Hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.