31090051

Looking to buy a piece of land at the bottom of my garden,

Customer Question

Looking to buy a piece of land at the bottom of my garden, contacted the Land Register and informed area I wish to purchase is common open area shared by myself and the rest of the development , area in question is waste ground not tended or cared for by anyone. Looking to find out what my next step is
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
You have to approach all the common owners and get their agreement to sell the ground to you. Assuming they all agree, you can have your lawyer draw up a title deed for all of them to sign in your favour. You can then have this registered in the Land Register of Scotland and the landfill be yours. Happy to discuss. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.