31090051

My children currently live with me but have regular contact

My children currently live with me but have regular contact with their father. He is trying to get full custody of the children and he and his family have repeatedly made false allegations to anyone who will listen regarding the care of my kids. My current solicitor said there's nothing I can do.
Is this true? One of my children was recently put up to lying about my current partner, by his paternal aunts. I'm scared that things are getting out of control and worried for my children's emotional health.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Mostly in this situation the father is all talk and has no serious intention of getting the children. However, to do so he would need a court order and would have to persuade a court that he is telling the truth. It is highly unlikely that he would succeed. Sheriffs hear these stories all the time and are good at working out who is righ and who is wrong. Have your solicitor put on record that he is lying and manulipulating the children and that that will be made plain to the court in the event that he attempts to get a residence order. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.