31090051

I feel my sister who is appointee father is misappropriating

i feel my sister who is appointee for my father is misappropriating his and mums(who passed away august 2014) funds. My father is now in a care home and my sister applied for guardianship without consulting me and my other sister. I asked her for my fathers solicitor who set up his will and she wont reveal his name. Also found out she cashed in 2 of my mums isa accounts and placed remaining 5 to my dads isa accounts, and cashed in 2 of my mums insurance and placed remaining 3 to my dads. Feel there is no transparency and dad`s will was baised on us all being equal. I have a meeting on thursday with the lawyer with my sister to discuss her obtaining guardianship and wondered if i should give her that power. My other sister has said yes.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
As your mother has passed on, her estate should be being wound up either in accordance with her will or in accordance with intestate succession rules. As regards ***** ***** you clearly don't trust your sister. As you have a meeting with the solicitor, perhaps that will be enough to agree a strategy for the future. However, perhaps you should consider seeking a joint guardianship so that all of you have to reach decisions together. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you and will maybe contact you again at end of week. Again thanks!
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome.