31090051

I LIVE IN A CARE FACILITY DUE TO MY MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS &

I LIVE IN A CARE FACILITY DUE TO MY MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS & A STAFF MEMBER WAS TOLD SHE SHOULD NOT HAVE TOLD ME SHE IS A LESBIAN BUT OTHER STAFF MEMBERS TELLING ME THEY ARE MARRIED TO SOMEONE OF THE OPPOSITE SEX OR ABOUT THEIR BOYFRIENDS HAVE NOT BEEN TOLD THE SAME THING.I AM A LESBIAN & THIS HAS MADE ME FEEL AS THOUGH THE MANAGEMENT HAVE SAID THIS TO HER AS I MAY "FANCY" HER & WOULD BE ABLE TO CONDUCT MYSELF IN AN APPROPRIATE MANNER. THIS IS VERY INSULTING & I FEEL THE MANAGEMENT'S ATTITUDE IS FAIRLY ANTIQUATED & HOMOPHOBIC.DO YOU THINK IT IS HOMOPHOBIC & IS HOMOPHOBIA ILLEGAL IN SCOTTISH LAW?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
It would be contrary to the Equality Act 2010 as one person is being treated differently from other staff members on the basis of their sexual orientation. The staff member would have cause to raise a grievance on that basis.