31090051

I have my brothers will and don't think it was done by a

Hi I have my brothers will and don't think it was done by a solicitor how can I find if it s real
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. In Scots law a will doesn't have to be made by a solicitor, however, the following checklist will tell you if it is legally valid. 1. The will has to be signed by your brother at the bottom of every page. 2. It has to be witnessed by a witness who signs on the last page. 3. The will has to be dated. 4. The place of signature and the name and address of the witness should appear at the end before the signatures. If all of these components are present, the will is likely to be valid. If any are missing, the validity would have to be questioned. In some cases something which is missing can be fixed. In other cases, such as where the person hasn't signed the will, there is no fix and the will is invalid as a matter of law. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MANY THANKS FOR YOUR PROMPT REPLY
I THINK EVERY THING IS OK ALL SINGNING IS PROPERLY DONE
MANY THANKS FOR YOUR YOUR HELP
BRIAN JOHNSTONE AND THE FEE WAS PAID FROM MY CARD FOR THIS AS I ONLY USED IT ONCE THE FEE WAS £37 TAKEN FROM MYACCOUNT ONCE ONLY
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome. Don't forget to rate me so that the site pays me from the money you have paid them. If you need me in future, start your question with "for JGM only".