31090051

How can you find where a will has been published? My mother

How can you find where a will has been published? My mother died last September I have not received any notifications at all
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Will aren't published in Scotland. If your mother had a reasonable estate, then her executors would have to apply for Confirmation, the Scottish version of probate. To do that they would have to lodge papers with the Sheriff Court nearest to where your mother lived and that would include the will. The court would copy the will and issue a certificate of Confirmation which would show her estate. So you might want to make enquiries with the local sheriff court to see if that has any record of the estate. Happy to discuss. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.