31090051

How do we have my son's name removed as a father on a birth

How do we have my son's name removed as a father on a birth certificate ?
we had a 2 way paternity test done just months after the baby was born and it was a an 'incompatible' result. However the girlfriend is still seeking maintenance from my son just because his name is ***** ***** birth certificate ( which is no proof that he is the biological father ) There is a father for her baby living in the same town but she chooses not to name him to collect any maintenance which should be his lawful responsibility. Does the law insist that she has to declare who the real father is ?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Your son has to see a family law solicitor and raise an action in court for declarator of non paternity. Assuming the court makes the order this then goes to the Registrar General and the birth certificate can be changed. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.