31090051

I currently reside in Scotland and married my husband just 5

I currently reside in Scotland and married my husband just 5 months ago. He has left me and our home and wants to separate and I want to understand my rights and options.
I have a property which is rented that I owned for over 5 years prior to meeting. All financially mine and he paid half the mortgage for a period of 5 months only.
The house we have lived in since prior to marriage is in my husbands name. Upon purchased we both moved in together and i have had financial inputs into the house.
All our cars, mortgages etc come out of our joint account
I have credit cards which are linked to the spending of the wedding in my name
What am I able to pursue as part of this separation?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

All assets and liabilities accrued during the marriage or in contemplation of marriage are matrimonial assets and liabilities and fall to be shared equally. That would deal with the main house, cars and credit cards. The property you owned before marriage is not matrimonial property, he has no claim on it other than for his contribution to the mortgage. Happy to discuss. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.