31090051

My ex partner has breached the terms of our separation

My ex partner has breached the terms of our separation agreement, what are my options?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Can you explain your situation a little more please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My ex was supposed to have remortgaged our house by May 31st to enable my name to be removed from our joint mortgage. This hasn't happened and she is being less than talkative on the subject. I have spoken to our mortgage provider and they are unaware of any impending changes to the mortgage. I want to move on with my life and buy a new property but I am unable to do so because of this issue.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Your options are: go to court and get an order from the court for her to implement the agreement within a given period, or, go to court and ask the court to make an order to sell the house. That usually focuses minds on the issue. In both cases you would seek the expenses of the action from her. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.