31090051

To whom it may concern, i am currently going through divorce

to whom it may concern,
i am currently going through divorce with my ex husband. he wants to go through settlement now. I just wanted to know, what am i entitled to in properties was bought before marriage and pension.
You can contact me through my email address***@******.***
Regards,
Gashira ****************
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Properties acquired before marriage are not usually taken into account as matrimonial assets unless the title has been changed to joint names or unless the non entitled party has contributed financially to them. As regards ***** ***** value of the pension accrued during the marriage falls to be shared between the parties. Ther is a formula applied which basically takes the value accrued since the pension was started to the present day and then works out the value to be taken account as being during the marriage. A "capital equivalent transfer value" has to be obtained from the pension company. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What kind of calculation I have to use for pension?