29905560

My Mum is in a care home.. She went into care about 2 years

Customer Question

Hi. My Mum is in a care home..
She went into care about 2 years ago. At that time....I asked the Social worker who was dealing with me if it was OK to rent out Mum's Flat...She didn't seem unduly bothered, and said ...yes sure.....
I'm now receiving letters from Glasgow City Council asking for details of the rent that has been paid on Mum's Flat!
I'm a Musician ....and have not got a financial brain at all!
To me..this is REALLY worrying if they start going back to when Mum's flat was 1st rented out back in September 2014 quoting CRAG (Charging for Residential Accommodation Guidelines) Section 7.017 ....(states that any rental Income from a property 'should' be considered in a resident's Financial assessment)
This is completely news to me! ..was never explained properly!
It seemed very simple when I asked the Social Worker.....!!!!!!!!I can scan the letter they have recently sent to me if that's at all possible for you to read?What would happen, if, Instead of renting out Mum's property...I went to stay there and rented out MY property instead?
They don't ask to see MY bank details..This is all really worrying to me... and making me sick with worry..
If I send you a copy of the letter...it has my personal details on it.....How do I send it so it doesn't go online and goes personally to you?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Hi David, I answered a previous question for you in March about the letting agent and I have no record of you accepting my answer. Because of that the site did not credit me for the question. Can you do so and at the same time send the letter you are now referring to to***@******.*** (which will keep it private) and I will then answer your latest question.