31090051

I am trying to obtain confirmation father's estate.

Customer Question

I am trying to obtain confirmation for my father's estate. Edinburgh Sheriff Court have returned the C1 form listing a number of changes required which I think I'll be OK doing, but they say all amendments to the C1 must be authenticated. As I have filled in the form on a computer and printed and signed. I was just going to make the changes, print and sign again (using same date on docqetted will). Do I have to make the changes to the returned form and initial each change to authenticate? Any help appreciated here.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

You can either handwritten the changes and initial them or, as you identify, the better route is to change the saved copy and reprint and resign. This is a far tidier way of doing it and there is no difficulty doing it this way. I hope that helps. Happy to discuss further. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.