31090051

I split with my partner 3 months ago and I told my ex

I split with my partner 3 months ago and I told my ex partner that if he was starting a new relationship our son was to stay out of it as he's only 3yrs old and very confused with the separation etc I've recently found out he has a new partner and has had my son in her house and going on days out etc with her daughter as well. I'm really upset at the fact he's disregarded what I said and done it anyway. I've told him to get access now to go through a lawyer as I don't want my son around new partners at this early stage. He says I can't do that. Do I have grounds when this goes through solicitors?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. Although each case is dealt with on its individual circumstances, typically a court will respect a parent's wishes to keep a child away from the other party's new partner if that is likely to be confusing or upsetting for the child. So yes you would have grounds and your solicitor should deal with that for you. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But if they make out he is happy and they aren't doing anything wrong can I make rules for him to be seeing his dad and granny only and not the new partner until further down the line when it's serious and actually going to last a substantial time. I don't want others coming and going in my sons life
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

The general rule is that when the other party has contact to the child it is up to him what he does with that contact, where he goes and who he sees. You would have to persuade the court that contact with the new partner is not in the child's best interests and state why you believe that to be the case.