29905560

Regarding child maintenance payments Assistant: Thank you.

Customer Question

regarding child maintenance payments
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: My children are 18 and 21 my ex is saying I owe her backdated maintenance payments and refuses to pay a debt form our legal separation
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  hhlaw replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Are you or her in England or Wales?

-Was there a formal CSA/CMS application and calculation in place, if so have there been arrears?

-Was there a divorce settlement/financial settlement approved by the court, if so what?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm in scotland. My ex contacted the CSA in 2008, I think, and they contacted me, but we made our own agreement. Does this constitute a CSA case?
A couple of years ago when one daughter was at uni and the other was 16 and still at school I told my ex that I would be paying the daughter as I had her ad hoc usually every weekend so my ex could work away form home and see her boyfriend
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now she says I deceived her and wants me to pay her arrears. She is refusing to pay a debt from the sale of her house - this is part of our legal separation. We are divorced, but after the girls were 16
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you need more info?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I get my 26 pounds back?
If so, please cancel
Best wishes
J