31090051

My mother has just passed away yesterday and I am the eldest

My mother has just passed away yesterday and I am the eldest son but my younger daughter has taken control an will not tell me and my other brother and sister any funeral arrangements or what is happening I have pleaded with her on phone but will not answer what can we do we are all grieving
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Myself and my brother are the executors of the only will we know of does this help you
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
We have had contact and now know some details but could we put this matter on hold in case we need your help with the progress of the will and legal matters thankyou
Expert:  JGM replied 12 months ago.

I am very sorry for your loss. If you and your brothers are the nominated executors under the will you are in charge of the funeral arrangements and the estate. If your daughter has taken charge of this then she will of course be responsible for the initial deposit and costs! I am happy to give you any assistance and advice you need. Please ask for JGM. In the meantime I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.