29905560

My daughter 26 years old is in an emotionally abusive

Customer Question

Hello, My daughter 26 years old is in an emotionally abusive same-sex relationship.My daughter partner is very controlling and possessive. I don't know the forms of abuse but I noticed each time I'm visiting, her partner sends several texts treating her to live her and not allowing her to stay a lot with me .She sends aggressive texts if my daughter doesn't answer immediately . My daughter is a doctor in a challenging ward and her partner is very disturbing.I'm afraid something bad could happen because she can't sleep after this kind of messages.My daughter is working in a distant hospital right now and her partner obliged her to drive 5 hours to visit her after very long shifts .She has never respect for my daughter who works 14/16 hours a day and then she has to endure such a treatment .Please let me know if there is a legal way to protect my daughter who is a very nice person.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Is your daughter prepared to do something about this? As a doctor she is a very intelligent person but may not be able to see the damage that this person is doing. If she isn't prepared to do something herself, then there is no point in you trying to help her as you can't do it for her?