31090051

My sister died in July and we need confirmation but she left

My sister died in July and we need confirmation but she left no will.I have to get a writ to petition the sheriff court at Hamilton ,can you send template please. Mrs Pauline Donald.
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: We need confirmation to send to SPPA,Mary`s estate was added up and comes to just over 36000 so we could not do small claim.Went to sheriff clerk at Hamilton and they advised me to do petition myself or get lawyer.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Did she leave a husband and / or children? If not who is there by way of siblings and parents?

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

In the meantime here is a style:

SHERIFFDOM OF SOUTH STRATHCLYDE DUMFRIES AND GALLOWAY AT HAMILTON

INITIAL WRIT

In causa

INSERT NAME AND ADDRESS OF PROPOSED EXECUTOR

​​​​​​​​​​​Pursuer

The above named Pursuer craves the Court:-

To decern the Pursuer executor dative qua sister to the deceased INSERT FULL NAME who formerly resided at INSERT FULL ADDRESS

SIGN HERE

PURSUER

CONDESCENDENCE

1. The said NAME died intestate at PLACE on the DATE day of July Two thousand and sixteen. She had at the time of her death her ordinary or principal domicile in the Sheriffdom of South Strathclyde Dumfries and Galloway in Scotland.

2. The said NAME was predeceased by her husband and did not subsequently remarry or enter into a Civil Partnership. ADJUST AS NECESSARY

3. The Pursuer is the sister of the said NAME and along with her brother and sisters has right to the intestate estate. AMEND AS NECESSARY

PLEA IN LAW

The Pursuer, having right to share the intestate estate of the said NAME, is entitled to be decerned her Executor Dative.

SIGN HERE

PURSUER

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,my sister Mary was not married/civil partnership ,no children and both our parents are dead.There is my sister Geraldine and brother John and me Pauline.Mary was our older sister and we all have the same mother and father.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

INITIAL WRIT

In causa

NAME AND ADDRESS OF PROPOSED EXECUTOR DATIVE
Pursuer

To decern the Pursuer executor dative qua sister to the deceased INSERT FULL NAME AND ADDRESS

SIGN HERE

PURSUER

CONDESCENDENCE

The said FULL NAME OF DECEASED died intestate at PLACE on the DATE day of July Two thousand and sixteen. She had at the time of her death her ordinary or principal domicile in the Sheriffdom of South Strathclyde Dumfries and Galloway in Scotland.

The said FULL NAME OF DECEASED did not marry or enter into a Civil Partnership. She had no children. Her parents predeceased her.

The Pursuer is the sister of the said FULL NAME OF DECEASED and along with her brother and sister has right to the intestate estate.

PLEA IN LAW

The Pursuer, having right to share the intestate estate of the said FULL NAME OF DECEASED, is entitled to be decerned executor dative.

SIGN HERE
PURSUER