29905560

I have an ongoing complaint with BT Initially started with a

Customer Question

I have an ongoing complaint with BT
Initially started with a noisy line - I was told there was not a fault on the line.
I checked the microfilter as asked -this might be the problem so bought a new one this seemed to work for 3 days but then I was back to square one.
Problem just got worst not just 'blips' in Broadband service but hours without service. phoned BT agagin - this time they admitted it was a fault with the line. If I check online it comes up as 'work in progress' Another week has gone by with numerous calls to BT, including trying to complain, but I was left hanging on the phone for 25 minutes, I hung up in the end, they have my number!
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Are you in Scotland?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
According to the BT website the line is fixed. if I have problems over the weekend I will come back to you.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Do let me know if you are based in Scotland as if you are I will need to opt out so another expert can assist you. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

ok let me know if you need further assistance, thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have had no broadband service since Friday, as I said then, things are apparently happening so put the question on hold. Also, yes I am in Scotland, I had already ticked that box!Pauline
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Ok sometimes people tick the wrong box it happens quite often here so need to check. As the laws there are different I will opt out and let a scots law colleague help you. No need to reply in the meantime thanks

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

I am a solicitor in Scotland. So is your line fixed as regards ***** *****? How long were you without it? Is the broadband still down? Is this a new issue or has it just happened?