31090051

When my Mother died myself and my brother and 2 No sisters

When my Mother died myself and my brother and 2 No sisters were left her property. We cleared of fall the outstanding mortgage and registered the property with the land registery.
The property is in Scotland. It was a long drawn out legal affair. During all the legal part my brother needed money so I got a valuation done, we agreed for me to buy his 25% and money's were exchanged and a receipt for the transaction agreed and signed by both parties. We did not change the title deeds at the time as it would have prolonged the seteling of the estate. We are now planning to sell the propert and will need to change the deeds etc before we sell it. My brother now lives in Texas but we are still in contact. What do we need to do to sort it all out.
Clive Rae
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 11 months ago.

If the property is in the name of you, your brother and your sister, all of you need to sign a Disposition (title deed) transferring ownership to the purchaser. If your brother isn't easily available to do this then you might want to get the lawyer to email him a power of attorney in your favour to sign and send back so that you can sign for him at the relevant time. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.