31090051

We have a property with an order on from prhp Scotland and

Customer Question

We have a property with an order on from prhp Scotland and have a private buyer who won't sign till it's clear on the deeds. Our Tennant moved out 6 Aug 2015 and on 17 Th Aug the committee desired to still pursue action. We placed the property on the open market for sale and informed them we had no intension to rent again in January they placed a charging order and a year later we have a buyer who has made an offer lower than value so to repair a few areas The prhp still won't release until we do the jobs thus we are close to losing the sale. The repairs are silly and not really real net to a price sale ie gas safety check a mains smoke alarm to be fit,new garden fence Garage new back screen !!!! Please can you help as I'm in a state I've common sence not prevailing. Kind regards ***** ****************
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

It sounds ridiculous but the order of the PRHP is in the nature of a judicial order and has too be complied with even if you stop renting. The only way to get the house sold is to do the work they have ordered. They will only release the charging order when they are satisfied that that has been done in my experience.