31090051

SHOULD I PURSUE a person who obtained my farm steading

sHOULD I PURSUE a person who obtained my farm steading fraudelently and while i was suffering bi polar
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Can you explain the situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the late 90s I employed a "factor" to help me in divorce settlement.He sold one of my farm steadings to pay my final divorce settlement. My other steading he appeared to "give away" to the man who bought my small holding who now appears to be the owner/ occupier. The "factor"also forged my former wife's signature which I believe was in order to change the original land deal which I believe would have formed a ransom strip.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

If there was fraud involved then you should certainly make investigations into this. You could, if there is sufficient evidence, ask a court to reduce the title transfer. Of course there is an argument that you should have done this before now but assuming you are now going to do this you should be OK as regards ***** ***** as this relates to heritable property. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.