How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 11129
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My daughter has separated from her husband. If she wants to

Resolved Question:

My daughter has separated from her husband. If she wants to move 400miles, with her children, to live near us, is she able to do this? Or can her husband insist that she stays near him so he has easy access to the children?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

The answer depends on what is in the best interests of the children and the father would have the strongest case unless mother can establish otherwise. Why shouod your daughter have greater rights than the father? Can you explain the situation a little more?

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you