31090051

My question relates to Scots law. I am separated and living

My question relates to Scots law. I am separated and living away from the family home. My younger daughter (13) lives there with her mum. To what extent can my wife control my contact with my daughter? There is no court order in this case.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

There is authority to the extent that the parent with care can't interfere with the contact between the child and the absent parent assuming that the best interests of the child are respected. The law says that your contact is yours and the mother should not interfere. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.