31090051

I have a dispute with a clothing designer and dry cleaners.

Hi, I have a dispute with a clothing designer and dry cleaners. I had a very expensive dress dry cleaned and it was ruined. The clothing label blames the dry cleaner and the dry cleaner blames the clothing label. What can I do?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

What is each saying about the other?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The dress was half pink and half yellow. The pink dye has run onto the yellow very badly. The dry cleaner is saying that dye used on the dress was not colourfast. They have provided information about what chemicals they used (which are apparently the normal dry cleaner chemicals) The company that made the dress says that they have tested the dress numerous times using these same chemicals and this has never happened before. They suggest I take it up with the dry cleaner as apparently they have insurance for this. The dry cleaner say that it must just be that this particular dress was different and it is down the the dress manufacturer to compensate me. The dress was £480.
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

To take this any further the differing opinions of the dry cleaner and the manufacturer have to be resolved. The only way to do this is to send the dress to an expert for an analysis of the fabric and he dyes used in the dress. A fabric expert will produce a report and you can then take an informed decision as to what to do from there.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thanks very much.
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

You're welcome. Happy to discuss further. Don't forget to leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.