How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 11129
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I'm seeking some advice on if I'm able to make a claim for

Resolved Question:

Hello, I'm seeking some advice on if I'm able to make a claim for compensation.
In 2006 I was sexually assaulted at the age of 15, since then I believe I have suffered metally on a massive scale, some of my sysmtons are, memory loss, depression, anger managment, lack of confidence and trust problems which have made life very hard for me, including finding a job. Ever since the incident, my mind has been in a state that locked its self away from the horror. Now I'm 25 and have only just recently started to feel like I'm recovering, However I do not feel statisfied that my case was handle as well as it could of been handled. ''I did not recieve any medical help'' Can I make a claim for the last ten years of suffering?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 months ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for your question. You need to see a solicitor immediately. You should be considering an application to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority which is based in Glasgow. Usually an application has to be made far sooner than 10 years afterwards but I have had experience of applications being accepted later in cases of rape and sexual assault. However, you must see a solicitor about this quickly so that specific advice can be given in relation to your own circumstances. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 11129
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I dont mind waiting for a responce, thanks you kindly for looking into this. It is highly appretiated.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
never mind, thanks JMG Lawyer :)
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
P.S you got 5 stars.